Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Return of Leigh!

After a short lived "retirement" from curling, which was required for me to pursue my career, I have been fortunate enough to land the position of Lead for Team Bender. During my so called "retirement", I still managed to get some games in and make a little money at it. Just enough to keep those competitive juices flowing which eventually got me back on the ice as a team member again.
I must say, my return so far has been very enjoyable. Always helps when your teammates are great guys and are willing to put up with your stupid sense of humor. Thanks to Dan, John and Lorne for that. Luckily, Chris and I had been teammates before when playing with Rob Egilson. So he already knew what to expect of my manorisims and thanks to him as well.

With five games under our belt as Team Bender, I think we are jelling pretty well. Dan calls a style of game that is enjoyable to play and he makes every effort to ask his front end what they think, even if it is just to make us feel good. John and I have thrown rocks during lunch three days this past week. The slide and deliver are almost back to norm and with a little more work, the pain in the hip will disapear and make the game even more enjoyable for me.

As we have this weekend off, Dan and I will try and find some ice somewhere and do a little more throwing. As they say, practice makes prefect. And who wouldn't want to be prefect?

Happy Thanks Giving Day to all!

No comments: