Monday, October 09, 2006

Off-ice training


In preparation for the Agricore United event in Beausejour this week, I opted for some aggressive off-ice training over the long weekend.

My wife and I drove up to Swan River to help my mother-in-law move from the farm house in Kenville to a condo in town.

I went up and down the stairs to the basement 300 times, ripping the quads to shreds. I also helped move appliances up and down stairs, in the rain and sleet, over a two-day period. It was a tremendous, old-fashioned workout that will surely reap riches by the end of the week.

Leigh and I will return to noon-hour practice tomorrow as we prep for our match against Reid Carruthers at the Asham Major League tomorrow night.

Speaking of oldee-fashionedee, Rosanne is currently taking the thimble and thread to the badge and jacket... It's the first of what I hope will be many badges on our flashy new Champion gear.

1 comment:

KellyC said...

Dude, if you want to shred your quads, and your core, you know the workout you should be doing . . . not to mention the 4 of you could be bustin' a move in your end, totally freaking out the opposition.
www.turbokelly.com
'nuff said.