Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Elder Statesman?

Well, the season is underway with the Pembina bonspiel serving as a cheap warm up for our fledgling crew. I refer to the team as fledgling only because we are curling together for the first time which was fairly evident in our first game, but I think that we all bring a level of experience in the accomplishments that we have had from previous teams.

We have a wide range of ages and as the most veteran (not a senior yet) member on this team I hope to provide the seasoned viewpoint when needed. So far we all seem to have similar strategy and good communication. While it is too early to determine if that all elusive successful team chemistry will emerge, the boys have been fun to curl with and I look forward to the rest of the season's competitions.

I see, the boys won our first game in the Asham Superleague in my absence. My schedule has been rearranged so I can make the future early draws, hopefully with similar success.

Rock on.

1 comment:

KellyC said...

Elder, yes . . . Statesman, ?
Elder Canuckman, mayhaps.