Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mixed Bag

This weekend's Agricore United MCT bonspiel in Beausejour was a mixed bag in all respects.
I have been a member of the Beausejour Curling Club for about 15 years now and I always look forward to the advantage of curling on home ice every year when the MCT comes to town. Unfortunately, the ice was just installed with only two days of league curling prior to the MCT bonspeil and as such, the ice was more than a little strange. Our first game, the ice started out sluggish with very little curl from the outside in. As the weekend wore on, the ice did get fairly keen and some sheets seemed to have more curl in spots but the four foot lines still seemed to be a ditch of no return.
On the results aspect, it was a little disappointing to finish at 2 wins and 2 losses and not qualify. I felt that despite the score in our final loss to Lukowich/Galbraith, we were very much in the game until things went ugly fast in the last two ends. On the positive side, our second win was against my former teammate Wayne Ewasko. I would be lying if said that I did not take particular joy in this win but Wayne and I are still good friends and I will enjoy the bragging rights this will bring if we meet them again on the bonspiel circuit, not to mention some good trash talk ammunition when I beat his ass at golf too.

No comments: