Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dutiaume's on fire

For all of the slack-jawed yokels who have been taking cheap shots at Team Dutiaume on Curling Zone this off season, I offer this observation - all of you are morons.

Clearly, you've never played against them in a meaningful game, as they brought a level of precision to their shotmaking tonight that I have never before witnessed. They showed finesse and touch in schooling the three of us in six quick ends.

We weren't bad, but they were at an entirely different level out there.

It brought back memories of the Brier playoffs where Handle and the boys went toe to toe with the Ferbey 4 in one of my favourite Brier matches. It would only have been better if the right team won.

If they continue to execute at this level, they will do very well against Middaugh and the rest of the thoroughbreds at the Portage event in two weeks.

I know who I'm pulling for, that's for sure.

Did I mention they were also a heck of a lot of fun to play against? As I stumbled over a couple of rocks helping to drag a last-rock draw into the house, I played along with Randy's line: "I think you missed one" by kicking two more rocks for good measure. There was much laughter...

It's funny how different the atmosphere has been in the major league games, versus my league games from the last few years. Everyone is relaxed, no one has anything to prove, and we are out there to improve our games, enjoy the cameraderie and maybe win a bit of money.

It reminds me of why I love this game.

4 comments:

KellyC said...

all of you are morons
Ahhh yes, way to bring in the readers!

By the way, if there are so many hits on this thing, why the H am I the only one who ever posts?

You guys are speakin' the Chinese half the time, and I STILL come and read.
It's fun to learn a second language.

John White said...

As Mayor Quimby once said, "I stand by my slur."

I'm thinking there are a lot of lurkers, but I'm hoping we'll see more feedback as I call people morons.

;P

John White said...

I've been informed that the Curling News has picked up my comments...

http://curlnews.blogspot.com/2006/10/shark-curling.html

Let the flames begin!

KellyC said...

WTF???
Unbelievable.
I, personally, wouldn't be jumping ship once a season has begun, but hey, I guess that's just MY opinion, and I'm sure old jumpy has his reasons.
Team JumpShip.