Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back in action

I'm pleased to say I started the curling season off on a winning note last night.

Playing lead with Gary Gumprich at the Granite's Tuesday night league, I eventually found my ice legs again and played decent for the first outing.

We took the game against Johnson 5-3 in eight ends.

We were on the end sheet (number nine, number nine) but the ice was fairly consistent.

Of note, the Granite Curling Club installed CCTV cameras over the far houses, linking back to flat screens in the viewing areas behind the glass. This is brilliant! Now people can see what's going on during end-sheet play, which was normally blocked by the odd angles on the ends.

I'm scheduled to play in the Beausejour MCT event this weekend, so expect more reports as we move through the event.

Cheers!

1 comment:

KellyC said...

Cool! I know you very much enjoy The Curling.