Saturday, November 25, 2006

Time for random musings

It would be hard to find a smoother delivery than the one Brendan Taylor (third/skip for Galbraith) brings to the game... I notice the female curlers like to gather up their legs in a crouch on the ice after throwing, where the men like to either stay in their slide or spring up to follow the rock. Meaningless observation, but interesting to me... Something else I noticed, after a tough loss, women's teams like to sit around the table and discuss goals, objectives and ways to improve, while men like to swear, throw their gear, and not talk to each other for 10 minutes... If my team mates are constantly broom-slamming and rock-kicking, I'm not impressed, not that that happens now. The odd show of anger here or there is fine, but chronic outbursts don't help the cause...

No comments: