Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Game 1

It's fun to Google your opponents before a game...

Based on my extensive (30 seconds) research, we face long-time Manitoba curler Robert Baldwinson tonight in our first game of the year at the Labatt's Tour event at the Pembina.

Mr. Baldwinson most recently won the Investors Group trophy at the 2006 MCA Bonspiel (ironic perhaps, considering I am leaving IG at the end of the week). He also made it to the Winnipeg Zone A finals last year, losing to Ryan Fry. He went 4-3 at the 2004 Strathcona Senior Men's playdowns, and he qualified for the Selects in 2003. Clearly, a game veteran.

I've played him many times over the years, in zones, MCA and the Club Champions Championships, believe it or not.

Of course, continuing the streak of the past two years, we start off on an end sheet tonight... although it will be nice to have a built-in crutch to lean on if I struggle.

Here's hoping I regain my mastery of coin tosses tonight utilizing my secret Jedi mind tricks.

See you at the rink!

1 comment:

KellyC said...

Well, no, I won't see you at the rink . . . but I do wish you guys good form and technique (it's not about luck, right?)